Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Rules

Before I officially start blogging about skin, I want to set forth some basics.

1) I don’t like typos, but the keyboard’s not perfect.
Spellchecker and I have become good friends over the years, but when it’s midnight and I have to rise before 7am, please forgive me if there are some things here and there that defy the laws of grammar and spelling.

2) Personal patient information will not be revealed here.
I may write about my experiences with certain diagnoses and loosely people with those diagnoses that I have encountered over the years, but this retelling will not in any way be traceable to an identifiable person. In fact, details will be altered to ensure protection of personal patient information.

3) Personal patient photos will not appear here.
The photos taken in clinic stay in clinic. If you think it looks like you, it’s not. Photos that appear on this site are borrowed from the public internet and teaching references. I’ve been seeing patients for over 5 years now. If I saw (at a minimum) 30 patients a day, 5 days a week, 12 months out of the year, that would amount to over 30,000 patients seen – so rest assured that if you think you’re the only one in the world who has it, you’re probably wrong.
















4) I am not your doctor.
Don’t ask me about your skin. If you have a question about your rash, ask the physician listed on your insurance card. This blog is not in any way intended to give personalized medical advice or act as a definitive source of medical information. Do not use it to convince yourself you’re dying. Do not use it to convince yourself you’re healthy.


No comments:

Post a Comment